Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pinned it, Did it - Smoothie

IMG_1078
I love “green” smoothies because they’re a great way to sneak in veggies. Yeah, yeah…for myself too! What? I’m a big grown up kid alright? ;)
I found a smoothie recipe here titled “Slammin’ Sunrise “Green” Smoothie. I made another one yesterday from Pinterest that I didn’t post because Cooper took about 3 sips and passed.
But this one, he said, “Mmm…it tastes like a popsicle, mommy!” =) Success! So, here’s what I did…(I changed it ever so slightly from the original recipe I found)
Ingredients
2-3 1/2 cups spinach
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
1 cup crushed ice
1/4 milk
Blend and serve! I’ve found the clear insulated tumblers with the “stopper straws” work great for Cooper! Like these from Starbuck’s, but certainly doesn’t have to be from there! It’s too difficult for him to drink out of a sippy cup, the smoothie won’t come out the straw. Now that we’re really enjoying smoothies, I think I’ll invest in a few more cups. They are also pretty spill proof, which is great for those dark/green colored smoothies. I already learned that one the hard way. Thank you Folex!!
Seriously, go try it out! The sooner you start your kids on them, the more accustomed to them they will become. Even Allie loved it! (Shh…I know she’s probably not supposed to have strawberries yet, but she hasn’t broken out in a rash yet, and she drank SPINACH people! That’s a fair trade-off. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!