Monday, April 16, 2012

Wearing my clothes – Day #68

Day 68

Top – Kohl’s – Lauren Conrad

Pants – Old Navy

Shoes – Ross – Guess

On Monday mornings I like to get a little dressed up because I get to go to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) without kids!! I’m likin’ this look. Even the hubby approved this morning. That’s always a good sign.

Okay, so I have to include a little side note in this post. What is it ladies with our crazy self esteems? I ALMOST didn’t include this in my blog, ‘cuz I know it’s overly critical, but at the same time…I want you to know that I’m human! I felt super cute this morning, and then when I went to go take my picture of my outfit, I started to get all hung up on nit picky details. LAME, LAME, LAME!!

I took this one below and from an outsiders perspective, I feel like it could be an ad in a catalogue. 

IMG_2909

But I was also analyzing this picture…IMG_2896 I changed into shorts and wedges to hang outside with the kids. I was noticing my ginormous lats and a teeny bit of…I believe we call it “side boob”?  Can you say abnormally self conscious? The reasonable side of me recognizes this is ridiculous. And yet, my inner self conscious is asking myself, “How can it be that I’ve been working out for an hour a day for the past month, and my body looks like this?” Easter candy? Perhaps. ;) I’m very thankful for the body God has given me, and bizarrely enjoy working out with my husband. With that said, I still have those day to day struggles with body image that EVERY woman struggles with.

Sorry for the lateness in this post, but I was wishy washy about what to post. But when push came to shove, I want to be real…and real we will get. We’ll see if it’s liked or not, but I think I need to start really being me on my blog, not that I haven’t, but I’ve been “shy”, or selective might be a good way of putting it. So watch out…here I come! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!