Sunday, April 1, 2012

Wearing my clothes - Day #54 & Little Eyes Are Watching

Sorry for the lapse in posts...I have pictures, sort of...and will get up to date with my outfit pictures soon. But, in the meantime...here's my outfit for today AND I thought I'd share a little life lesson, that we all know, but forget all too often.

Shirt - Macy's
Pants - Old navy
Shoes - Famous Footwear?
Bracelets - Kohl's
Lovin' this outfit!! Now...onto the life lesson.

When we were down visiting my parents recently, my dad took my son to the bathroom, and when they came back, he said to me, "So, how did your son know to use a paper towel to grab the handle of the door?"

I laughed and explained that I hadn't actually TAUGHT him to do that, he merely picked it up through observation. Then, I thought of another embarrassing thing my son has picked up on as well.

I sheepishly admitted to my dad, "He may or may not have also learned to match his underwear to his outfit." I wasn't doing it on purpose, but I was picking out underwear that matched. One day, I grabbed a mismatched pair and Cooper was sure to point it out. Wow!

I could go on and on with the list of things he's picked up through observation, putting his plate in the sink, displaying a theatrical myriad of facial expressions (if you know me, you know who he learned THAT from!), letting our dog out when he's at the back door...like I said, I could go on and on.

So, just a little reminder that little eyes are ALWAYS watching. And they pick up QUICK! Work on setting a good example, in ALL areas of life. Perhaps pick an aspect of life each week to focus on. Maybe focus on loving your spouse one week, another week, being kind to strangers, or picking up after yourself, having patience, etc. We have such an amazing influence on our kids, let's be sure we're making a good one. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!