Friday, April 13, 2012

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

I’m linking up to a blog party just for fun, and to meet other bloggers! It’s hosted by 5 Minutes For Mom and had over 3,000 bloggers last year. What a cool way to learn about other cool blogs!

With that said…allow me to introduce myself in case you’re visiting from said blog party, or if you’re just new to my blog and would like to know what this blog is all about!

“Rookie to Rock Star”

I felt this was an appropriate title for what I wanted to convey on my blog. I discovered the following quote(s)* that I think explains some of the reasoning behind my blog:

“Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.”

– Morihei Ueshiba (Japanese athlete 1883-1969)

I began blogging nearly 2 years ago starting in May. It all came about when a friend asked for a recipe. I thought, “Why not post some of the fun ideas I’ve come across for others to share?” I mean, I need/needed all the help I could get when I first moved out on my own. If you read my summary above, I didn’t even know what a clove of garlic was!

So, my blog consists of me sharing my growth with you – in all areas of life. Parenting, cooking, baking, wife-ing, fashioning, celebrating, partying, reading…any area I happen to be growing in! I’m passionate about learning (I guess that’s why I’m a former teacher).

Join in learning with me…hopefully I’ll help us laugh along the way.

*Here were some other quotes I loved that convey similar thoughts, if you’re a quote type person!

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
- C.S. Lewis

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

“The knowledge of all things is possible”
-Leonardo da Vinci

And here’s me with my family…the group that makes all my blog magic happen!IMG_2586

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to the party, hope you have lots of fun meeting some new blog friends this week! When you get a chance, stop by and say hi! :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the ultimate blog party. Sounds like our blogs are about the same age :) It's so nice to "meet" you. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by via the UBP. You have a beautiful family! I've subscribed to your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you over at UBP12! Looking forward to reading your adventures & sharing a love for clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from UBP12! Love a spot to get new ideas! And yes we are always growing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title for your blog. I am hoping to make it to rock star, but right now I think it is more likely I rate in the flunky/roadie department. Found your blog on the UBP12 and I am glad I did. I'll be checking back in!

    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com/p/contact.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I be your practically perfect princess would say otherwise...I'm sure she would say she has a practically perfect Queen for a mother! =) Thanks for saying hi, makes my day!

      Delete
  7. You have a great blog! I'm glad to have found it in the linky list. True story: I'd never had real garlic until I met my husband. Or lettuce that wasn't iceberg. I didn't even know there was lettuce that wasn't iceberg. That's kind of horrifying to me now, which is why we have a sprawling vegetable garden for our kids to really understand that variety is out there. :D #UBP12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed! I haven't upgraded to the garden pedigree. I've got the worst brown thumb ever! That's awesome though! Thanks for stopping by. I took a peek at your blog, too. So fun!

      Delete

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!