Saturday, June 26, 2010

Travel Town

So our bizarre nap mishaps turned into a hidden blessing in the sense that we took two trips in a row up to Burbank (following our instincts to go back to the merry-go-round). We started our day with a trip to the Original Pancake House in Yorba Linda, CA. Mmm…anyone else ever been there? Here’s a pic of Grammy & Cooper at the Pancake House.IMG_1645Then we began our journey (and naptime) up to Burbank. An unexpected turn of events while I was in LA and was making any and all attempts to distract my son from unwanted behavior….he learned how to ask for my Ipod. That’s right, you heard me correctly, my 20 month old son is VERBALLY asking for my Ipod! What?! I have some “kiddie” tunes on there that I had him listen to in order to distract him while in the airport. Now, when he wants to listen, he just asks, “Ipod”. Niiice! Check him out in the car. So cute!
IMG_1650We made two main stops while in Burbank: Travel Town and the Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round. If you are ever in the area, and your child likes trains, you need to come here! Cooper was in train heaven! “Choo-choo’s” were being shouted every other minute. Look at the sheer glee and curiosity on his face:
IMG_1659 IMG_1667 See the arm motion for “Choo-choo”?
IMG_1670IMG_1681The merry-go-round was a fun “old timey” activity for me because I’d just finished reading Catcher in the Rye where in the final pages, Holden Caulfield watches his sister attempting to grasp the golden ring on a merry-go-round. I searched for where the golden ring may have been located on this particular merry-go-round…couldn’t see where. But it was interesting to imagine the risk involved in trying to reach for it. Hmm…sorry for the bizarre “history” moment. Fun though.
IMG_1687
IMG_1693
We had a fantastic time! What a fun trip to Burbank. We ended the day visiting with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!