Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chess Day

IMG_2331 I must admit, I am blessed with TWO fabulous sets of Grandparents for Cooper! My in-laws collect chess sets and Cooper is always very fascinated by some of the sets they have out at their house. My mother-in-law has gone over some of the names of chess pieces with Cooper, and believe it or not, some have stuck!

So, for “Chess Day”, I decided we’d get out our own chess set (not nearly as glamorous, but perfect for a toddler), and review some of the names. He’s got pawn, rook, knight, and queen down. I think the queen is his favorite, smart boy I guess!IMG_2314 Cheers to exposing our kiddos to “high-level” games even at an early age. Happy Chess Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!