Sunday, January 20, 2013

Simple Things Sunday No. 5

ArchitectureIMG_6502

One of my very best friends introduced me to architecture, helped me develop a love for it. For that, I am thankful. Without her, I would have LIVED in Oak Park, IL, the residence and workplace of Frank Lloyd Wright, without having ever appreciated the work of Frank Lloyd Wright. Without her, the genius behind Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead would have been completely lost on me.

With that being said…this week I am celebrating the joy of architecture. Sometimes it’s difficult when we live in our little suburban cubes, not being able to differentiate one from another. But, on our way to an ice skating party with friends, I made my kiddos stop to snap an image of this breathtaking building front.

Look around…you just might spy something beautiful!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute blog! I'm your newest follower. Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I popped over and joined yours as well. You do have some wise words. =)

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you have willing models! Very cool doorway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always...but I'm glad I lucked out this day! Thanks. =)

      Delete
  3. One of my very best friends used to live in Oak Park! Someday I want to go back to Chicago (she still lives there just in a new neighborhood) and take a FLW tour. I'm glad you took a moment to stop and do something a little different. It keeps life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would LOVE visiting Oak Park. It is truly gorgeous, almost anytime of year. Hope you get there soon!

      Delete

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!