Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Faves – The Daily Bible…and some Francis Chan passion!

Chronological Bible

I briefly shared about this and my goal for this year here.

I’m happy to report that I’m actually ahead of the game! I’m on day #20 and it’s only the 18th. Woot! And I have this Bible to thank. Well, and the fact that it’s God’s word which is breathtaking, captivating and like no other literature written…EVER!

The reason why this version in particular is my favorite is because of the “devotional commentary”. Kind of a funny phrase, but essentially, in between chunks of scripture, the author leads you smoothly through what you are about to read, painting the scene with historical and spiritual insights.

It’s kind of like CliffsNotes for the Bible! (Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve thought of those!). It makes you really think and take in what you’re reading. I’ve learned so much more by reading the Bible with these insights.

So…it’s worth taking a look at. Click on the picture above to take you to the Amazon link, it’s only $19.79 for a hardcover people! I think I paid the same for a paperback!

While we’re on the book theme…AND I got to hear Francis Chan speak live - TWICE last weekend, allow me to give you THREE MORE FAVORITES! I’ve read both Crazy Love and Forgotten God – both challenged me and changed my life. I received a copy of his newest book, Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples. Can’t wait to read it! Here’s a picture of me and my MOPS leaders waiting to hear Francis speak. waiting to hear francis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!