Monday, January 7, 2013

Meal Plannin’ Mondays

Sorry, no pictures from this past week. BUT…I’m super excited ‘cuz we’re working on sticking to our budget this year and I’m being diligent about ONLY buying what I will absolutely need/use for each week. Which means…a cleaner, more organized kitchen to boot! We’ll see how long it lasts, but I’m optimistic right now. =)

I used my optimism to go through my cook books. Do you really use any of your cook books? Especially with lovely Pinterest? The only one I really use on a regular basis is my Better Homes and Garden cookbook. It’s pretty much my cooking Bible. But otherwise, I haven’t opened the others in years. So, I thumbed through them, gave away about 4 to good will, and kept one or two. This was one of the keepers:Great Taste - Low Fat Time Life Books

It’s a Time Life Book and I was super encouraged because many of my go-to recipes are from here, and I didn’t even know it! Woot! Go low fat! =) Click on the picture for the link, it’s super cheap, like $5 for a hard back copy, awesome! My other bonus? I’m pretty sure this was a wedding gift, so when I had originally thumbed through, I only felt like I could cook a handful of the recipes. Now, there’s a whole new world (sorry…you can go listen to something else on Pandora now, you KNOW the song is stuck in your head). How far I’ve come from having a Clueless moment in the grocery store, not knowing what a clove of garlic was. Happy dance!

Moving right along. One of my recipes this week is one that I hadn’t tried from this cookbook. Stay tuned next week to find out which one! So, here goes my meal plan for the week!

Monday: Sloppy Joe’s and A+ Cookies for dessert!

Tuesday: Soup Leftovers (Good Greens Winter Soup)

Wednesday: Cheesy Chicken Benchiladas

Thursday: Cheddar Chicken

Friday: Stir-Fried Pork with Sesame Green Beans

Saturday: EAT OUT (mac ‘n cheese at home for kids)

Sunday: Ground Chicken Taco Burgers

See ya on the flipside!

MPM-Winter

1 comment:

  1. Great menu. I haven't made sloppy joe's in a while. I will have to make them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!