Monday, November 12, 2012

Calling All Octonauts!

Okay, so it has been forever and a day since I’ve posted. Why am I finally posting now? I don’t totally know. Perhaps it’s because I have mono and I’m having to FORCE myself to “rest”. Yup, I’ll admit that I’m weird because blogging is relaxing for me. That makes perfect sense, right? Mono = Blogging? Nope, doesn’t make any sense to me either.

Well, whatever the reason, I thought I’d start by sharing the invitations I recently made for my son’s 4th birthday party – Octonaut themed! You have not heart of the Octonauts you say? Well slap yourself silly and call yourself out of the loop! Okay, not really, they actually just started on Disney Junior here in the U.S. in January of this year. And I was the lucky mom who had her child choose this new-found show to want as his birthday theme! (cue silent sarcastic cheering)

This is year 4 of our crazy Halloween time birthday parties, and I was excited as ever to make it special! Below is the front and back of the invitations I sent out…old school people, snail mail style! My husband mocks me a bit for spending time on the invites, but when I get feedback from other moms about how excited their kids were to get the invite in the mail, it makes it all worthwhile. So…Octonaut Invitation Front

Octonaut Invitation - Back - Without Info For Blog

And the silly “enclosed” part? It was about a 3” circle included in the envelope as shows:Octonaut Invitation Insert

Click on the picture above to take you to Disney Junior to partake in some “mission fun” yourself! Stay tuned for further details of the party. Here’s a teaser picture, one of my faves from the party. =)IMG_4705

2 comments:

  1. My son is turning 5 this year and is obsessed...OBSESSED... with the Octonauts. I want to do a octonauts themed birthday but cannot find anything locally. I dont mind ordering from Amazon however... I love your invitations. Did you make them or order them? If so... where did you order them from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me at nicholas.becky@gmail.com and I'll send you what I've got. It's in Publisher, but I may be able to transfer it to Word for you. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!