Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweetie Pie Pops

IMG_4014-edited Our Best Bites is helping me step out of my comfort zone in the kitchen! Follow their link to get the step by step instructions (with pictures) for these adorable Pie Pops. They even have the free labels you see that say “Be My Sweetie Pie”. Couldn’t be easier! My friend and I made over 40 for our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group for Valentine’s Day. What a fun, cheap gift!

Another link you HAVE to check out before you make them is the pie crust recipe over at The Pioneer Woman. I’m not all goo-goo over pie crust, but this recipe is YUM-O!! Even my “chef friend” gave the thumbs up and was impressed at how easy it was.

A few helpful hints, use 6” lollipop sticks (I think they mention this, but, just in case) and the bags we used were 4x6”. I thought for sure that would be too big, but they worked perfectly! Lastly, you really can’t fit very much filling into each pie pop, so go easy, otherwise it oozes out. Also, I didn’t punch holes in mine and they baked perfectly. I used cherry preserves and mini chocolate chips for the filling. The fruit is definitely the way to go! The sweet is divine. =) We tried banana and nutella, but it was a bit dry. Let me know if you try them and how they turn out!IMG_4015-edited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!