Thursday, February 17, 2011

Silly Faces Game

B00000IZW2.01.LZZZZZZZ
Oh the “exciting” mix of rainy days and toddlers! I purchased the Silly Faces Colorforms game on a whim at HomeGoods (too good a deal to pass up). Who knew that my son would not only love it, but that it would begin to teach him the initial social rules of playing a game! 

I bring you, Trick of the Trade #7! 
Play games with your kids. It does a kid good.

He is learning to take turns and follow rules. The other fun thing this game encourages (which we had already had silly fun doing) is celebrating our different emotions. We will say to Cooper, “Show us your angry face!” or “Show us your sad face…” and he delights in switching into the different roles. My husband and I get a kick out of doing this because it reminds us of a scene in the movie The Imposters with Stanley Tucci and Oliver Platt. I can’t guarantee you’ll like it, it’s very off-beat humor, but my husband and I love it. =) Anyhow, back to the topic at hand, it’s good practice for reviewing emotions. Don’t hesitate to try a game out with your child! You never know, they may be more ready than you would’ve thought.
IMG_4050

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!