Monday, March 25, 2013

Menu Plannin’ Monday

I’m back! And I’m just going to dive right into this week’s menu plan. =) Below are all my dinners…and following is some bonus info!

Monday: Thai Chicken Noodle Salad

Thai Chicken Noodle Salad

Tuesday: Chicken, Asparagus & Mashed Potatoes

Simple Roasted Sesame Asparagus - made it tonight and even Cooper ate 4 pieces! WOW!

Wednesday: Roasted Fennel, Carrots & Mixed Rice

Roasted Fennel and Carrots

Thursday: Slow Cooker Pork, Chipotle’s Lime Rice, & Salad

Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice | Skinnytaste

(Lime-Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies for dessert! =P)

Lime Coconut White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

Friday: Autumn Chopped Salad

Chopped salad with cranberries, pears, pecans, bacon, and feta

Saturday: Egg Salad Sandwiches (Duh, need I explain why? Winking smile)

Plain Chicken

Sunday: Leftovers (yeah, I know it’s Easter, and we’ll be wiped!)

mpm chalkboard

*******************************************

BONUS!

Can I just say how fantabulous it feels to have my meal plan done for the week? I’ve been winging it the last few weeks (fairly well mind you), but it stresses me out when I don’t have my meal plan done. I’m so much more relaxed when it’s DONE!

And this week was important. I had my daughter’s 2 year checkup last week, and while she’s thriving and healthy (yay!), she’s a PICKY eater!! I don’t mean your normal 2-year old pickiness, I mean, if it’s not candy, a carb, or milk, she won’t touch it. Oy-vey!

IMG_8303

(See how adorably healthy she is?)

So, after a conversation with my pediatrician, I’m gonna crack down a bit! We’re limiting her milk more than we have already, and I’m working hard to offer only healthy options. Seems easy, right? Ha! Apparently you don’t HAVE a toddler. Saturday we had TWO birthday parties to attend! You know what my 2 year old wanted her diet to consist of for the entire day? Cupcakes and candy (with perhaps a little popcorn thrown in). And what happens when a 2 year old doesn’t get her way? You guessed it! Temper tantrum. Which is fine, it’s just exhausting. But, I’ve got to stick to my guns. That kind of diet is simply not okay.

So…with all that said, I planned a few healthy snacks (that she might actually eat), as well as breakfasts for the week. Perhaps you will find it helpful as well, since I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I am not the only parent of a toddler in this EXHAUSTING predicament!! Hang in there fellow parents! You will survive! (and yes, you can play that song over and over in your head as your toddler pushes each healthy option right back at you…I will survive, I will survive!)

Monday: Cereal & Crispy Roasted Snap Peas (snack)

Tuesday: Healthy Whole Grain Zucchini Bread

Wednesday: Slammin’ Surprise “Green” Smoothie (& leftover bread)

Thursday: Cute “Bear” Toast

Cute breakfast.  Source: facebook.

Friday: Scrambled Eggs

Saturday: Sticky Lemon Rolls

Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze

Sunday: Beet Banana Smoothie & Eggs (Shh…don’t tell my hubby! He despises beets! But it’s a fun color for Easter morning.)

IMG_9507

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!