Thursday, August 5, 2010

National Waffle Day (except we had a craving)

So…today is National Waffle Day, but mom wasn’t on her game and hadn’t look up a fun and yummy recipe for waffles quite yet. Instead, we made sweet potato pancakes, they’re SO simple. I’m sure I’ll make up for Waffle Day soon – I found a banana nut waffle recipe I want to try, but for now, here’s the Sweet Potato Pancake recipe:

Sweet Potato Pancakes

1 cup water

½ cup sweet potato puree

¼ tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

1 cup pancake mix

Directions: Mix water, sweet potato puree and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Add the pancake mix (I used Bisquick) and stir just to combine – the batter should be lumpy.

**I steam and puree the sweet potato in batches and then freeze them in 1/2 cup chunks in ziplocks, ready to thaw out when we’re ready for them!IMG_2450Coat griddle with nonstick cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat. Spoon batter onto griddle using ¼ cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top, 2-3 minutes.

**I used my Wolfgang Puck Reversible Nonstick Grill/Griddle set to about 250 degrees. I left them for at least 3 minutes. I LOVE this griddle…I bought it at Costco way back when, but would gladly pay the Amazon price. I’ve gotten my moneys worth and then some!

IMG_2452  Flip, and cook another 2-3 minutes.IMG_2454 The MOST important step….enjoy eating!IMG_2458

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!