Monday, June 6, 2011

Bleu Cheese Stuffed Burgers

IMG_4996 Just tried out this new recipe that was in my Better Homes & Gardens magazine…it was quite tasty! And the leftovers are equally delicious!

Bleu Cheese Stuffed Burger

1 lb. ground beef

1 T Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. ground pepper

1/3 to ½ c. crumbled bleu cheese (2 oz.)

1 medium red onion, sliced crosswise

Olive oil

1 c. fresh baby spinach

4 hamburger buns

Directions: Combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. On waxed paper, shape into 8 thin 4” diameter patties. IMG_4985 Place 1 T of bleu cheese in center of 4 patties. IMG_4986 Top with remaining 4, pinch edges to seal. IMG_4987

Brush onion slices with olive oil; sprinkle with salt.

Place burgers and onions directly over medium-high heat. (I set my electric grill to 350 and it worked perfectly! Also, my onions aren’t whole because I had already cut the onion from another recipe previously in the week. It still worked.) IMG_4989IMG_4994 Grill 5 minutes per side, or until no pink remains.

**Or, if you’re like me and don’t own a grill and the thought of having to get propane and all that hassle isn’t appealing…you can look into purchasing a Wolfgang Puck Indoor Reversible Electric Grill/Griddle. Also fantastic for pancakes!! Here’s the link, which made me so thankful I got mine at good ‘ol Costco way back when. Significantly cheaper! (especially considering my mom got it for me, thanks mom!)

Brush cut sides of buns with olive oil. Grill, cut side down, last minute of grilling.

Serve burgers on buns with grilled onions, spinach, and remaining cheese.

IMG_4995Eat up!

The salad was just some chopped tomatoes and cucumbers with lemon juice, olive oil and thyme. Very fresh and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!