Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday–Embracing “Imperfection”

IMG_2637

What is perfection anyway, right?

My daughter potty trained in the last few months and seeing those adorable little undies on her bum makes me ridiculously happy. It also made me realize that she has my exact body type!

STRONG, muscular legs. There was a time in my life (if I’m honest, I still occasionally struggle) when I yearned for the “model-like” thin figure. But, the older I get, the more I realize I need to be not just content, but HAPPY with my body type! God gave me a very strong, muscular build. And it’s GORGEOUS!

Looking through my pics from today was a good reminder to embrace that gift God has given me.

IMG_2631

Shirt – Chelsea & Theodore (Sam’s Club, new)

Shorts – Banana Republic (old)

Tank top – Mossimo long & lean (Target – 3 for $24 right now)

Shoes – Merona (Target, they were on sale in store)

IMG_2633

My second pair of “grown up” sandals.

And I love the little detail on the shirt…

IMG_2635

So how about it? Can you work towards embracing the body God has given you? Do it! There won’t be any regrets!

wiww banner

1 comment:

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!