Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday–Penny…Penny…Penny…

534130_10200779239621479_15421566_n

I very recently read this blog post and thought, “Wow, her hair looks super cute!” And wouldn’t you know that we’ve had a stretch of a few RIDICULOUSLY windy days here. So, I threw my hair up in this messy, folded pony look. And I liked it! I died laughing when my husband came home, complimented it, then said that I looked like Penny from The Big Bang Theory.

Penny Ponytail

I’ll take that as a compliment! How cute is she?! We love the Big Bang Theory round these parts if you haven’t yet watched. Dorky humor, heads up!

Anywho…here were the measly pictures I managed to snap this week. Not the best, but they’ll have to do!

IMG_8467

IMG_8469

Here was my “ponytail” day. =)

Sweater – Old Navy

Shirt – Kohl’s (exact $5, awesome, right?)

Jeans – Marshall’s

Shoes – DSW (exact – Jessica Simpson) **More than I normally spend on flats. But they’re super comfy and I’ve been looking for a pair similar to this for awhile! Love ‘em! I used a coupon and rewards bucks, otherwise wouldn’t have bought them.

Earrings – Premiere Jewelry, Bracelets – Forever 21

Here’s a close up of the cute print.

IMG_8472

IMG_8455

IMG_8459

Casual and comfy!

Shirt & Necklace– Old Navy

Jeans – Macy’s I.N.C.

Shoes – Rocket Dog

Watch – Target

photo (19)

This was one I was bummed I didn’t get a good picture of. I even wore it TWICE! (well, for a day and a half) No worries, I’m sure I’ll wear it again soon. =)

Shirt – Vera Wang Kohl’s (exact – colors on the website are not nearly as vibrant as they are in life. I LOVE this shirt!)

Pants – Paige – Marshall’s

Shoes – Target (exact – They had a buy one pair, get one half off sale. Couldn’t resist these! I’ve already worn them 3 or 4 times. Oh…and they call them RED online?! No…salmon, orange…NOT red!)

Purse – Cynthia Rowley – Marshall’s

Cardigan – Old Navy

****************************************************

Also…FYI…while I KNOW I’ll get a few eye rolls by saying this, but it’s true whether you can SEE it or not. Some of you know I had mono for QUITE awhile which prevented me from working out and I’ve gained a few since like October. So, I’m feeling pretty BLAH. But, I do have to say that I can still feel cute, hip and trendy even with the extra few pounds. But it does take a bit more work. Anywho, just thought I’d throw that out there. I’m getting back to working out here and am looking forward to not doing the “jean dance” anymore. YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! THE dance you have to do to get into your jeans when you’ve gained a few and refuse to buy a bigger size. *sigh* hehe

Linkin’ up!

wiww banner

Because Shanna Said SoSTYLELIXIR Style Sessionsbutton

11 comments:

  1. You look so great in all your cute outfits! Also, I love Penny haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBT all the way!! My mom was stationed in Iraq last year and she brought back all of the seasons of The Big Bang and we had a loooong weekend of watching all of them. Best. Show. Ever!

    Emily
    emilyosborne-andloves.blogspot.com

    Bazinga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome way to spend time with your mom after no doubt missing her! =)

      Delete
  3. Yay!!! It looks cute on you!! So easy peasy, right? Thanks for the shout out! You are the sweetest!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your colorful patterns. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of patterns, huh? Didn't even realize it! hehe

      Delete
  5. I love your Kohl's top. I can't believe it was only $5. Can you come help me bargain shop. :)

    I would love for you to stop by my blog and enter my latest giveaway. I will be picking 3 winners. :)
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all of the outfit! kohl's is the absolute best :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, dropping in from the link up!! Love this old navy floral shirt!! And paisley print is always so pretty!
    Hop on to my blog whenever you get time!
    Have a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    PS. I am hosting an amazing giveaway on my blog, hope you would participate!
    Enter $40 giftcard giveaway by Lorraine Tyne

    ReplyDelete

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!