Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday–Missions Trip Style

My reason for being incommunicado is that I got to travel to Honduras from Feb. 12th – Feb. 20th to share the love and hope of Jesus Christ with the amazing people of Copan, Honduras.

It was amazing, and I might share some highlights from my trip in a later post, but for now…I figured I’d try to hop back into routine (something I’m VERY much enjoying doing at home, so why not on my blog as well?)

For any readers who are unfamiliar with what a “missions trip” is, it’s basically a trip focused around a given “mission”. It doesn’t have to be far, it could be in your own city! Our most recent, however, was to Honduras, to meet the basic needs of people in and around the city of Copan, and to encourage them that God loves them. When visiting a 3rd world country, sharing the love of Christ, what you wear DOES in fact need to be considered. Modesty is one thing that comes into consideration. BUT…often times, people take that as all fashion goes out the window. I felt like this was the first “missions trip” where I felt comfortable following “mission trip fashion codes” AND felt “cute”. Funny combo, right? Anyhow…here are some pics from my outfits while I was away.Leaving

The group leavingThis is proof that some T-shirts serve a distinct purpose! Below is another picture of us on our way home. Our entire team of 30 wore these shirts in the airport. It was easier to stay together, and expedited getting through customs. LOVED them!!!IMG_7639

IMG_7182Shirt: Target ($3, woot!) Shorts: Ross Shoes: Target (Converse, on sale for $17, I was stoked!)

IMG_7220So, obviously not the best picture of my “outfit” from this day. But I couldn’t find another, and still LOVED the color of this shirt. I bought it at Old Navy before I left for my trip for $7. Super comfy, light weight (for humid, Honduras weather), and gorgeous with my green eyes! And how adorable is this Honduran man? Okay….stories to follow, I promise.

Me in scrubsOkay, after posting this picture of me in scrubs, I’m feeling the need to post about my trip. What…an….amazing experience!! These scrubs were borrowed, and huge, but I still think I rocked them! Winking smile

IMG_7287Shirt: Target (on sale for like $13, recent) Pants: Hand-me-downs

We got to go zip-lining! Yup, we were that spoiled. =)

IMG_7573Okay, so this doesn’t really count as an “outfit”, but…=)

Swimsuit: Speedo, hand-me-down Board shorts: Sports Authority (and proof that SOMETIMES fit doesn’t have to be perfect! They’re baggy, comfortable, and I’m SO glad I bought them!!!)

IMG_7076

Here was my last “normal” picture I snapped before I left.

Sweater: Old Navy (sale – $13) Plaid shirt: Marshall’s Pants: Michael Kors Shoes: OLD!!!

I’m loving the orange, blue & white color combo!

Thanks for bearing with me as I get into the swing of things after being out of the country. It only took me about a week. Not too shabby! Stay tuned to hear more. =) And comment! Ask questions if ya want! I love to hear from you.

button

STYLELIXIR Style Sessions

2 comments:

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!