Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday–and a yummy smoothie!

Pinterest Inspired Outfit
So technically this is “what I wore Sunday”, but it’s hopefully still inspiring! Pinterest inspired!
Shirt – Old Navy
Pants – Michael Kors – Macy’s
Tank Top – Lauren Conrad – Kohl’s (old)
No scarf, obviously…I’m still finding my way in the world of scarves. AND, no sweater, but I scored a plain, similar colored cardigan at Target cyber Monday for $10, woot!
Onto what I’m drinking…
Beetalicious smoothie
Another Pinterest find! I mentioned that I’m receiving fresh produce from Farm Fresh to You and trying to find unique recipes to utilize all its contents. Well, one of the contents was…
BEETS!!
My husband nearly had a heart attack. If there was one food he could eliminate from this world, it would be the beet. He despises them. So…being the sneaky wife I am, I put it in a smoothie! I purposely waited until he was in the other room with the kids to grate it in the food processor! I tried to rid the evidence, the skin, etc. He drank at least a good cup!
AND THEN…he found out! =) hehe I think he’s forgiven me.
I loved it, lots of fruit so you can’t go wrong. My kids were so-so, but they are always hit or miss. I’m sure I’ll try it again with them. Here’s the recipe…
The Beetalicious Smoothie
Serves 2
Ingredients:
5 oz unsweetened almond milk
5 oz fresh squeezed clementine or orange juice
1/2-1 cup peeled and shredded raw beets (start out with 1/2 cup to see how it tastes, you can always add more the next time you make it) I probably used about 3/4 cup.
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks (I used pureed frozen mango from the store)
1/2 cup frozen raspberries (I used fresh)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries (I used frozen)
1 banana
1/2 an avocado
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp flax seeds
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth and serve.
Oh, and one more outfit from the week for ya…IMG_5279
Sorry, very poor lighting. I asked hubs to snap a shot literally at the end of the day. It’s so-so. I’ve never worn a puffy vest before, but have seen lots of pins I’ve liked. So, I’m gonna give it a go. I have another combination I liked better, but here’s what I wore sometime last week.
Earrings – gift from Hawaii
Necklace – LOFT
Vest – Old Navy
Shirt – Old Navy (check out the color here, you’ll really see what poor lighting the room was)
Jeans – I.N.C. – Macy’s
Boots – DSW

pleated poppy


1 comment:

  1. Im still finding my way with the scarves too... they can be overwhelming.. so much to chose from and unsure of what color to wear with what! I have started buying entie outfits off a manquin at the store just so I know what to do with the clothes when I get them home. But you did a good job of being inspired to create an outfit from Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!