Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday–Moms CAN dress up

Dec 12

thursday

Not my best look but…shirt (H&M), jeans (Macy’s – Michael Kors), scarf (Old Navy), boots (Totsy – a year ago)

saturday and sunday

I’m INLOVE with this look! And it was SUPER affordable. I didn’t wear the outfit all day both days obviously…just had two Christmas parties back to back.

dress & shoes (Kohl’s – Lauren Conrad), earrings & bracelet (Kohl’s – Simply Vera Vera wang)

I’ve got to show you the ENTIRE picture from the Sunday one above. I wanted to show you this one to prove that moms CAN in fact, dress up. It may mean that there kids eat mac & cheese that night and make a wreck of the house, but it can be done!! =)IMG_5830 ps

Here’s one more fun picture I took with my phone at the party…

LAST tidbit from this look I promise…the hair. Notice, it’s different both nights, right? I figured I’d use this as an opportunity to try out some pins from Pinterest. Does ANYONE else get similar results from the gorgeous pictures on that site? Uhh…NOT me! Here’s the comparison…(click the picture to take you to the pin)hair

Okay, so I had my husband take the picture at the END of a long night, and I liked how it looked, especially from the front, but COME ON! Unless I get my hair professionally done, it’s not gonna look like that gorgeous picture next to mine. Here’s another snap from my hair that night from a different angle:hair2And hair night #2.hair 3I pinned it, tried it. I simply could NOT get my hair to do that! But, I do like how my hair turned out. I just got halfway. =) Here’s another angle:IMG_5836

monday

shirt, sweater, jeans, necklace (Old Navy), shoes (gift from mom!)

tuesday

sweater (Old Navy)

I leave you with a super fun mother/son moment! I bought my son’s cute fox sweater at Target recently. I saw it, loved it, but wasn’t sure what he thought. I held it up for him and said, “Do you like this?” His face lit up and he said, “Yes!! Can I please have it?” Sold! A few days later, I found a women’s fox sweater at Old Navy. I surprised him and had it on when he got home, thinking he’d be thrilled! I said, let’s take a picture together with our matching sweaters! After some moments of tears…we got this picture…IMG_5852 I’m afraid he got his father’s love of taking pictures. He does oblige most often, but did not want to on this particular day. See his red eyes? He did love my sweater, just didn’t want to snap a pic. Allie loved it too.

Foxy family!

pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. Goodness. That dress is gorgeous! The fox sweaters are adorable too. :-)

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can you believe I got it for $35? Rock on Kohl's! They've still got it I think...it's nice and forgiving, too, post kids for me at least. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your party dress and your hair looks amazing- good job! Love those fox sweaters too!

    Lindsey
    thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure...it's always fun to blog hop! =)

      Delete
  3. Hi there. I found you on WIWW. LOVE this outfit!!! I'm Hanna and I'm your newest follower. Great blog! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    You can find me anytime at www.bouffebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!